- Troy called them to set up a plan at their home: The key being he called and booked the plan at their home. Often people will no show you at a restaurant or another location because they simply forget or do not feel like leaving their home. Orrin says that the business is built by crunching carpet in the homes of America. Bird dogs enter the BUSH!
- Troy went into the living room himself to show the plan: Often we think we need to bring an army with us to show the plan. In fact sometimes the more people you bring the more uncomfortable the prospect. Sometimes if you bring your Turbo leader with you to the initial plan, the prospect assumes that we need them. Troy showed them the Cash flow Quadrant, edified his support team leaders and made a friend. A bird dog does not take the hunter on a wild goose chase, he instead goes and sniffs out the bush to see if there is an interest.
- Troy booked a follow through: This step is the one that requires the most posture. All of us have gotten to this point and lost our heart because we are afraid to ask for a commitment. Troy got out his calendar and said how is ______? (Stop Talking!) Once they agreed upon a time he promoted the first night materials. (which he had in his trunk). A bird dog upon finding prey, stops and points the hunter in that direction.
- Troy brought in Tina and I, and we made a friend, found a need and edified Troy. Our emphasis was on handling their objections accordingly(See: How I raised myself from failure to success in selling). Troy kept quiet, and edified us when appropriate, which is key. Often then bird dog will over talk the situation and the leader, and this only serves to bring up more objects from the prospect. Bird dogs stop barking and they do not go in for the kill, they just point the hunter in the direction of the prey.
- The prospects got started, and Troy pulled out his calendar and booked another follow through. Bird dogs retrieve the prey and set up for the next bird.
I wanted to showcase these steps because I know that every leader on this team is capable of following these steps four times a week. I encourage everyone to read Chapter Six in the Team Builders Textbook, and specifically page 111. With more bird dogs I know that we can produce more superstars for the conference call with our leader this month. Team this is our season, there are more birds out there than ever! We have the system, the leadership and the plan to help them, and we are counting on you to beat the bushes…